Monday, October 17, 2011

From Thoughts to Truth.

Time passes by quickly. Days become blurs and is punctuated by hours of sleeping that feel more like naps. It seems that the only refreshment available come with the sip of a Chai Tea Latte or a walk during the first hours of the morning.

Yet, God is good.
Though our time seems as if it flies over our heads, God continues to purge Matt and I’s hearts. We continue to learn what it means to walk in the Spirit, to be a representative of Christ and each other, and are being taught by the Holy Spirit personal lessons for our own reflections.
Our days have been compiled with vulnerable moments, travel days, and a sifting of our hearts. We went to Tel Aviv's beautiful beaches, where we took a dip in the warm Mediterranean, and where the water was calm as the sun shone brightly. The sand was softer than anything we've known, and the experience of pure beauty.



 

Towards sunset, we stopped to read the account of Peter getting the vision from God that told him that he, as a Jew, was able to have meet. We just happened to be in the same town it occurred. 


On Yom Kippur we hiked from our hotel to the Mount of Olives at 4 in the morning. There we did class, worship, and saw the sun rise.


Though we do miss home and love every person that's supported us, we apologize that we haven't updated more often. We have an extremely busy schedule coming up. This week we will be visiting a couple different cities, there will be a boys and girls night, and then we will be doing archaeological excavations at what is believed to be John the Baptist's home and Solomon's temple. After that we will be traveling, and we do not know another day that will be free.
Jerusalem is truly a place that is a Refiner's Fire. God is teaching us vital lessons and exposing our hearts; He calls us to obey as He purges, and we must take it all stride by stride, hand in hand. Please pray for us. Often our hearts are heavy, but our burden is light. We long to glorify God, and not think of ourselves or of men. May we gain eternal eyes and the right heart. We want the Consuming Fire to burn us until we perfectly reflect our Maker. We pray for the present, and we pray for the future. 
Great is His faithfulness.

May this Consuming Fire in Jerusalem refine my heart to produce pure gold. May that gold be the substance that ties my heart to Matt’s, and may we only be dependent on a connection that is purely from God. Prayerfully, I want to see him as a ministry in which I give all efforts to- not because I believe that he deserves it or I am obligated, but because God has called me to love. God has called me to love without fear, to love with myself abandoned, with my thoughts not even encircling my own self. God has called me to live, to live a life that has unrestrained freedom because it stems from an unfathomable Source of Love. God has called me to a life that has no boundaries. No walls, no barriers, no fears, and no restrictions. I am to be flexible in circumstances, and pliable in heart. And may the Truth that I know and Truth that has given me opportunity to live in such pure and undefiled religion- may these Truths teach me to love; a love that is both firm and free. 

1 comment:

  1. Widdle Brudda Nathan FarnumOctober 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM

    Awesome Pictures.
    HEY! That's my shirt! :D Glad to finally be able to repay my wearing of your shirts :P .
    Man, Jerusalem sounds great, in both definitions of being good and whelming. I can see the Godly effects of your trip in your words.

    God Bless, Loved Ones! Can't wait to see and hug both of you again.

    ReplyDelete